Sunday, July 17, 2011

Velva, ND on July 1, 2011

On July 1, 2011 I started my 10 day vacation in North Dakota.  My home town of Minot, ND had been hit with one of the worst floods the town had ever experienced.  Many of the roads were flooded and guarded by military to keep people out.  We had to take the long way to Velva, ND where my mom, grandma, cousin and aunt live.  We took the long way thru Surrey, ND and visited my cousin Gabe, Chelsie and their daughter Lindley.  Once in Velva we had chicken fried steak, country gravy and crispy hash browns (one of my favorites) and man was it good.  That evening we had a fire and indulged on s'mores!!  Below are pictures of:
 Vaughn Bossert (cousin)

 Canola
 Velva dike



 Grandma's flowers
 My Mom

 s'mores
 Grandma Joanne

 Vaughn with his truck
 Mom and Grandma

Pookie (car chaser)

No comments:

Post a Comment